It’s the 1st Wednesday of the month again. That’s when I take part in Alex J. Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writer’s Support Group. This month’s amazing co- are Diane Burton, JH Moncrieff, Anna @ Emaginette, Karen @ Reprobate Typewriter, Erika Beebe, and Lisa Buie-Collard! – The IWSG’s focus is on our writers. Each month, from all over the globe, we are a united group sharing our insecurities, our troubles, and our pain. So, in this time when our world is in crisis, I will be talking about how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed my world, as I answer the optional IWSG question for April 1st, 2020This week:
How are things in your world?
Things in my world are up in the air like they are for most people right now. All my kids were set to cross major educational hurdles this spring and fall. Now all of that is on hold.
- My youngest can’t get a driver’s license because the driving school closed and so did the DMV.
- My middle child’s ACT test was canceled so getting registered in time for the fall semester (if they have one). She also won’t have a high school graduation ceremony or party.
- My oldest probably won’t have a graduation ceremony from college. She seems okay with it, but I’m disappointed. I was looking forward to beaming with pride and then bawling my eyes out.
- Minnesota seems to be doing better than most states, for now. We have a stay-at-home order in place. Still, masks are scarce, as are ventilators and PPE.
- I’m so fortunate to have 2 part-time jobs that for now, seem secure. One is my freelance writing contact and the other is my cashier job at the grocery store. Who would have guessed that the would become such an exciting job? It is a little nerve-wracking because of the increased probability of coming into contact with the virus, so I have been avoiding the kids, staying in my room and writing.
All in all, I’m not that worried.
I guess it’s a combination of my faith and losing my husband a year ago. When he worst has happened, nothing else can faze you. I am getting a lot of writing done. I look forward to hearing how this has affected your world. There are areas that have been hard hit and are in need of prayers. I don’t take it for granted that we could be in that position sometime soon if we aren’t careful;
What Are YOUR Thoughts?
Please share how your world is doing, in the comments below. I appreciate my readers as well as the writing community. To show that appreciation, I use Comment Luv. Just leave a comment below and your latest post will get a link next to it. Thank you!
I am an author, writer, and speaker and homeschooling mom of 3. Since doctors diagnosed my husband, Dan with stage IV lung cancer in 2012, I’ve focused my writing and speaking on helping cancer patients and their families advocate for themselves and live life to the fullest, in spite of their illness. My goal is to help people face cancer with grace. My books are available at Amazon.com:
I also blog about living with cancer at Facing Cancer with Grace.